|Assigned Course Preparation Hours:||66|
After introducing students to fundamental internet and computing skills including the use of Microsoft Office applications, this program prepares students to sit for the CompTIA A+ exams by providing requisite knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Students acquire skills related to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other applications.
- Students focus on these certification objectives:
- Students prepare for entry-level employment in a variety of positions including Computer Repair/Support Technicians, Desktop Support Technicians, Help Desk Technicians, and Networking Support.
- Students demonstrate expertise in the resolution of end-user incident requests involving troubleshooting and configuration of hardware, software and network settings.
- Students communicate effectively, either independently or in a team, to solve problems using computers and computer repair principles.
Methods of Instruction
Courses are computer-based and instructor-led. Students learn via one-to-one or small-group instruction, LMS modules, textbooks, workbooks, and online forums and discussions.
Refer to the Student Catalog and Handbook for the full list of policies.
|Course Name/Syllabus||Number||Program Hours||Preparation Hours|
|Internet and Computing||SIT-001||50||12|
|CompTIA A+ Part 1||SIT-002||110||27|
|CompTIA A+ Part 2||SIT-003||110||27|