|Assigned Course Preparation Hours:||5|
This course focuses on the basic anatomy and physiology of the heart, the electrical conduction system of the heart, basic waveform analysis, components and skills of obtaining an accurate EKG reading, and the roles and responsibilities of obtaining and/or monitoring an EKG.
- Read and interpret written and electronic test requisitions.
- Perform and interpret an accurate Electrocardiogram (EKG) Test.
- Document and maintain accurate records and quality control logs.
- Multitask and prioritize all duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain a safe and OSHA compliant work environment.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism.
- Test for a national certification.
This course uses NTI handouts.
Refer to the Student Catalog and Handbook for the full list of policies.
|Class Participation & Discussions:||20%|
|1||Electrocardiograms||Handouts||Complete handouts and review blood flow|
|2||Quiz: Blood Flow||Final Review||Final Review|
|3||Final Exam||ECG Practicum|