|Assigned Course Preparation Hours:||34|
NTI’s Medical Assistant program combines classroom instruction and hands on clinical activities
to provide students with a comprehensive learning experience. This course covers the clinical
instruction portion of the CMA program. Clinical instruction provides hands-on training of the
procedures and skills necessary for assisting the physician.
- Assist a healthcare provider by giving up to date information about a patient’s medical record and vital signs.
- Perform any tests, services and procedures which will assist the provider in their clinical diagnosis.
- Document and maintain patient records, phone calls, and quality control logs.
- Multitask and prioritize all duties and responsibilities in order of importance
- Maintain a safe and OSHA compliant work environment.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism.
- Test for a national certification.
Refer to the Student Catalog and Handbook for the full list of policies.
|Class Participation & Discussions:||20%|